How to address a concern or appeal a decision

Find out the steps you can take if you have a concern about how the plan rules were applied.

Contacting the plan

Have a question or concern?

Contact the Public Service Pension Plan if you have a question or concern about the service you received or a decision that affects you.

Online: Sign in to My Account and click the envelope for Message Centre

Public Service Pension Plan
PO Box 9460
Victoria BC V8W 9V8

What happens when you contact the plan

Pension Corporation (corporation) will review the information you send, as well as any relevant background information on file, and respond with answers to your questions or information about the concern you raised. As the administrative agent of the Public Service Pension Plan, the corporation’s priority is to ensure the plan rules are applied correctly and consistently for all members.

If you aren't satisfied with the response

If you aren’t satisfied with the corporation’s response, you can request an administrative review by the corporation’s director of pension operations.

You must complete the administrative review before filing an appeal. This action can often resolve concerns and avoid an appeal.

Any person or organization directly affected by a decision made by the corporation in applying the plan rules can start this process.

Related content for how to address a concern or appeal a decision

Board policies

Plan rules

External links for how to address a concern or appeal a decision

Green Shield Canada

Office of the Ombudsperson