Submit a form to name (or change) a beneficiary
Send us a form to name your beneficiary if you are an active or inactive member of the plan.
Submit the form
- Complete the Nomination of beneficiary (pre-retirement) form online
- Print, sign and date the form
- Mail the form to BC's Public Service Pension Plan
If you are naming more than two beneficiaries or wish to name alternate beneficiaries, include this information on a separate sheet and attach it to the form. To be valid, the sheet must include your name and signature dated with the same date as on the form.
Other ways to name or change beneficiary(ies)
Sign in to My Account to name or change your beneficiary(ies).
You can also name beneficiaries in your will.
If you are an active member and have not applied for your pension, you can submit this form.
If you have a spouse
If you have a spouse and they want to give up their beneficiary right to a death benefit, include Form 4 Spouse's waiver of beneficiary right to benefits in a pension plan, locked-in retirement account, life income fund or annuity before pension or annuity payments start along with the Nomination of beneficiary (pre-retirement) form.
If you are a limited member
Submit the Nomination of beneficiary (for limited member) form
- If you are naming a person as a beneficiary, you need to provide their:
- relationship to you
- date of birth
- If you are naming an organization as a beneficiary, you need to provide its exact name (and chapter or branch, if applicable); including the organization's Canada Revenue Agency registration number may help ensure faster payment
- If you are naming a trust, it is helpful to include the trust account number