Submit a form to buy service
Use this application to apply to buy back your service from a leave or periods when you worked but didn’t contribute to the plan.
Use the personalized purchase cost estimator in My Account to find out how much it may cost to buy your service. It will also tell you how much your monthly pension benefit may increase.
Submit the form
- Open and save the Purchase of Service Application form.
- Complete Part A.
- Send the completed form to your current employer. Your employer may request additional documents to complete your application (e.g., pay stubs or a letter of hire). Your employer will complete Part B and send the form to the plan.
Once we have processed your application, we will send you a statement.
If you have chosen to continue contributing to your pension while on an approved leave of absence under the Employment Standards Act (ESA), you will receive regular statements about once a month.
Use this form if you are applying to buy back service for:
- A leave of absence, either as a lump-sum payment or through continuous contributions
- Past service
- Non-contributory service
- The type of service you want to buy
- The start and end dates of your gap in service
Your employer can help you find this information.