COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.
Submit a form to apply for retirement health coverage
Send us a form to apply for extended health care and/or dental coverage when you apply for your pension – or any time after you've retired.
Submit the form
- Print the form
- In part 2, select the box beside the plan(s) you wish to enrol in: Extended Health Care, Essential Dental or Enhanced Dental
- If you are applying for coverage for your dependants, include the name(s) of your spouse and/or eligible children in part 3
- Print, sign and date the form
- Submit the form to BC's Public Service Pension Plan
Another way to apply
You can also apply for extended health care and dental coverage when you apply to retire online.
You can apply for retirement extended health care and dental coverage online if you:
- Are a permanent resident of Canada
- Have medical coverage through a provincial health plan in the province where you live (if you're applying for extended health care coverage)
- Apply within 60 days of your pension effective date or have had continuous coverage in a different plan (if you are applying after the 60-day period has ended)
Your spouse and/or dependant(s) are eligible if:
- You are eligible for coverage under the plan
- They have medical coverage through a provincial health plan in the province where they live
- They are joining the plan within 60 days of your pension effective date or have had continuous coverage in a different plan (if they are applying after this 60-day period has ended)
If you are applying for coverage for you, your spouse and/or eligible dependant(s) 60 days or more after your pension effective date, check the Green Shield Canada My Benefit Plan booklet to see if you meet the eligibility criteria.
External link for applying for retirement health coverage
Read the Green Shield Canada My Benefit Plan booklet