Retirement health coverage and you

Support your health and peace of mind. Learn about the coverage options available to you as a retired member of BC’s Public Service Pension Plan.

Waiving coverage

If you do not wish to enrol in the extended health care and dental plans, indicate this when applying for your pension online or on the extended health care and dental benefits application form. If you do not return this application form to us within 60 days of your pension effective date, we will assume you do not want to join the extended health care and dental plans.

If you decide not to enrol in the extended health care and dental plans when you retire, you can enrol at a later date if you've had continuous coverage from another health and dental plan from the date you started your pension.

If you wish to enrol your spouse and/or eligible dependant(s), they must also have had continuous coverage from a different plan.