Buying non-contributory service

Learn about buying service for a period when your employer participated in the pension plan but you weren’t enrolled.

Process for non-contributory service

You will need to complete a form and submit it to your employer. Your employer will then complete its portion and submit the form to BC’s Public Service Pension Plan.

Here are the steps:

  1. Open and save the Purchase of Service Application form.
  2. Complete Part A.
  3. Send the completed form to your current employer.
  4. Your employer may request additional documents to complete your application (e.g., pay stubs or a letter of hire). They will complete Part B and send the form to the plan.

Once we receive the completed application, we will send you a statement showing:

  • Total cost
  • Payment options and due date