Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

How to request that we deduct additional tax

You can ask us to deduct more income tax from your monthly pension payment. Send us a request using Message Centre (in My Account) and tell us the exact amount you would like deducted from your pension.

Describe the amount you want deducted in one of these ways:

  • Total dollar amount
  • Additional dollar amount
  • Total per cent

The plan recently announced changes, effective October 1, 2019, that will result in a past service pension adjustment for you if you have service between April 1, 2006 and March 31, 2018. For more information, see the Board Communique: March 16, 2018.

IMPORTANT plan changes:

Board Communique: March 16, 2018

External link for tax information for retired members

Learn more about pension income splitting on the Canada Revenue Agency website.