Pension Life - Winter 2020
Green Shield Canada has you covered
As we begin the new year, Green Shield Canada (GSC) wants to share some helpful reminders.
Claim submission deadline
GSC always encourages submitting expenses right away, but understands that sometimes this is not possible. Receipts may appear months later. If you still have 2019 expenses to claim:
- Health claims for expenses in 2019 must be received by GSC no later than June 30, 2020.
- Dental claims must be received no later than 12 months from the date you used the benefit.
Your health deductible
The start of the new year means the $200 per person health plan deductible has been reset. You must meet it again before you begin receiving reimbursement for your claims.
Direct deposit, online claims submission and a personalized dashboard
While it’s not required, registering for online services with GSC comes with some benefits:
- Sign up for direct deposit and get your money back from GSC faster
You only have to sign up once, and all claim payments will be deposited into your bank account
- Submit claims whenever you want, wherever you are
The GSC self-service website puts quick and easy claim processing at your fingertips
- Take advantage of real-time adjudication
You know immediately how much your plan covers for a wide range of benefits
- Save time with your personalized dashboard
This at-a-glance view includes commonly used links and action items
Registering for online services with GSC also gives you access to Change4Life. By using Change4Life to take steps toward better health, you earn points for your activity, which you can use to bid on great rewards. Highlights include:
- A confidential health risk assessment (HRA) survey
Personalized health report card and action plan based on your answers
- Targeted health education modules
Receive recommendations based on your HRA results
- Stick2It medication reminders
A helping hand for taking and refilling medications
- Health and physical activity trackers
Such as syncing your Fitbit
- The Reward Store to spend your points
Bid on a range of great gift cards
For more information on your plan coverage or online services, please contact GSC directly.