The estimator has been updated to reflect plan changes announced April 1, 2018, for estimates with a pension effective date of October 1, 2019, onward.

For ambulance paramedics: The estimator will be updated to reflect plan design changes for ambulance paramedics in September 2019.

Apply for your pension online

It's easy to apply for your pension! Sign in to My Account and complete the online application (no more than) 90 days before your pension effective date.

Sign in to my account to apply for your pension. We’ll contact you if we have any questions or need more information.

You’ll receive your first pension payment at the end of the month your pension is effective.

Another way to apply for your pension

You can also apply for your pension by completing a paper application and mailing it to BC's Public Service Pension Plan.


Once you reach the earliest retirement age of 55 (50 for members working in designated public safety occupations), if you are an active or inactive member, you are eligible to apply for your pension online.

Please contact the Public Service Pension Plan for assistance with your application if:

  • You are a limited member
  • You have separated or divorced and have not yet informed us how to divide your pension benefit with your former spouse
Required information
  • Your My Account sign-in information (username and password)
  • An electronic copy (.pdf, .jpg, .png or .bmp) of government-issued identification to confirm your age and identity
    • if the valid forms of identification (listed below) are not available, contact us for acceptable alternatives
    • if you’ve changed your name and it’s not reflected on these documents, include a legal change-of-name document or marriage certificate for each name change
  • If you are applying for a joint life pension, an electronic copy (.pdf, .jpg, .png or .bmp) of government-issued identification to confirm your spouse’s age and identity
  • Your bank account information

Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:

  • Birth certificate
  • Driver’s licence or identification card
  • Passport
  • Provincial health care card (e.g., BC Services card)
  • Marriage certificate