Estimates with an effective date before October 1, 2019, will not reflect these changes. If you decide to retire before October 1 and are affected by these changes, your pension will be amended October 1, 2019. Any estimates calculated and saved before May 12, 2019, with a pension effective date of October 1, 2019, or later do not include these changes.
For ambulance paramedics: The pension estimator will be updated with the new plan rules for ambulance paramedics in September 2019 for pension effective dates on and after May 1, 2020.
Use the personalized pension estimator
Use the personalized pension estimator to find out what your monthly pension payment might be, based on your salary and years of service.
Calculate the amount of your pension
- Enter a retirement date
- Specify whether you intend to transfer or buy additional service before you retire
- Update your salary information if you anticipate a change in your monthly salary
- Click Perform estimate
The personalized pension estimator will show monthly pension payments for various pension options based on the information you enter. It will also show the amount of your bridge benefit, if applicable.
Another way to get a pension estimate
You can also send us an Estimate request form to get an estimate of your monthly pension payment.
You must use the Estimate request form (instead of the personalized pension estimator) if you:
- Have a former spouse who has or had an entitlement to your pension
- Have transferred (or are planning to transfer) service from another pension plan
- Worked in both a designated public safety occupation group and the general public service (non-public safety) group on or after June 24, 2014
- Ended your employment with a plan employer before June 24, 2014, and then rejoined the plan on or after that date in a different employment group (designated public safety occupation or general public service)
- Your My Account sign-in information (username and password)