Pension Life - Winter 2021
A message from Green Shield Canada
Your health plan deductible
The start of the new year means the $250 per person health plan deductible resets and must be satisfied again before you begin receiving reimbursement for your claims.
For more information on pre-determinations or other benefit eligibility inquiries, or for more information on claim submission deadlines, please contact the Green Shield Canada (GSC) Customer Service Centre.
Claim submission deadline
Green Shield Canada always encourages submitting expenses as soon as they are incurred, but we understand that sometimes this is not possible, or that receipts appear months later. If you still have expenses to claim:
- Health claims for expenses incurred in 2020 can be submitted to GSC for reimbursement as long as they are received by GSC no later than June 30, 2021
- Dental claims can be submitted to GSC for reimbursement as long as they are received by GSC no later than 12 months from the date the eligible benefit was incurred
Green Shield Canada is always looking for ways to make life simpler for you, the plan members.
GSC’S new interactive voice response (IVR) system
During the summer, GSC launched a new IVR with technology that makes it an industry first in Canada. This change creates a smoother and more secure experience when contacting GSC. New features include:
- Voice biometrics—You can authorize the use of your voice as a means of caller authentication. Your voice is unique, like a fingerprint, and is more secure than setting a verbal password
- Plan design integration—The IVR can identify your plan design details and eligibility once you’ve been authenticated
- Natural language processing—Rather than pressing numbers to access menu options for information, you can simply ask a question like, “What are my massage benefits?” to retrieve information about your coverage
This is the same technology you may be familiar with when calling your bank, and is used by numerous entertainment, financial services, retail, and airline companies around the world. GSC is excited to bring IVR to the Canadian benefits industry to enhance the plan member experience. You of course still have the option to speak directly with a GSC agent if you prefer.
For specific questions about your health care and dental coverage, please connect with GSC’s Customer Contact Centre at 1-888-711-1119, Monday to Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PT.